The Region of Three Oaks Museum features 5 new exhibits in 2022!
- Old radios (some dating back to the 1920's) and radio shows
- Planes-- rare photos of one of the first planes ever to land in Three Oaks in 1919-20, and the amazing story of the New Troy pilot whose lucky landing landed him in nationwide headlines and in Ripley's Believe It or Not
- Trains-- A Tale of Two Rails-- how the Michigan Central and Pere Marquette railroads shaped our area
- Automobiles-- Michiana's transition from horse and buggy to autos-- including an early homemade car made in Three Oaks, featuring early tools of do-it-yourself auto repair
- Resorts-- the glamorous Golfmore (Michigan's second-biggest hotel in the 1920's), the ethnic resorts of Union Pier, and much more
Several short documentary films are available for viewing:
- EK Warren: Father of Featherbone
- The Pokagon Band of Potowatomi
- Gridder, Grappler, Hustler, Spy: the Saga of Joe Savoldi
- Lights! Camera! Three Oaks!; The Making of Prancer
- Lifestyle of the Mich(iana) and Famous: Second-home Owners in Our Area
- Three Oaks Against the World (a recording of a play about the village's history)
Museum admission is free, though donations are welcome. Become a member for just $10 (individual) or $20 (family).
Watch for special programming at regionofthreeoaksmuseum.com.