The assistant manager assists the store manager in running an efficient and profitable operation of a Biggby Coffee shop located in Sawyer, Michigan. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the store meets Company standards in sales, staffing, product quality, visual merchandising, and operations. The assistant manager assists the store manager with the goal of providing customers with excellent, quality products and fast, friendly service. This position enforces all procedures in the absence of the store manager and coordinates, as necessary, with the Corporate Office. Assistant managers manage the training of baristas and lead baristas. He/she will be expected to have significant product knowledge and demonstrate positive, friendly and courteous customer service, as well as be able to demonstrate a commitment to our Guiding Principles and House Rules.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Partners with the store manager in creating sales volume growth and creating a positive customer experience.
· Assists store manager in planning and executing sales promotions and maintaining a positive community image.
· Performs opening and closing duties.
· Delegates duties, as necessary, to shift leads and baristas.
· Ensures that the store, backroom, and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
· Conducts pre-employment interviews designed to minimize team member turnover and to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
· Makes and serves beverages, such as coffee and tea, and foods, such as sandwiches, muffins, or cookies.
· Welcomes customers, informs them about specials or new items, answers questions, and accepts orders and payments.
· Cleans and restocks work and dining areas, empties trash, and sanitizes equipment and utensils.
· Updates signage and displays to attract customers.
· Takes inventory and replenishes items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
· Provides product suggestions and assists customers with special orders.
· Supervises, trains/develops and evaluates department staff.
· Create and coordinates work schedules to ensure that the operations are open at convenient and appropriate times for students and staff; provides functional supervision for those working in the coffee shop.
· Assists in approving employee timesheets and prepares departmental payroll information.
· Performs routine inventory evaluations, ensuring item availability while minimizing waste.
· Works in coordination with the company’s marketing department to promote the shop and encourage sales.
· Addresses employee performance issues promptly and professionally.
· Maintains a clean and organized environment.
· Ensures the coffee shop complies with all local, state and federal laws, including but not limited to health department regulations, fire and building codes, food code, and sanitation procedures.
· Manages the scheduling and supervision of employees to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels.
· Responds to customer questions in an effective and efficient manner and resolve any customer issues in a timely professional manner.
· Stocks products and product displays according to merchandising standards.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the store manager.
· At least 2 years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
· Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines and knowledge of advanced coffee preparation techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multitask and frequently adjust priorities.
· Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to perform effectively under pressure. Think quick on your feet.
· Ability to work independently to perform assigned duties
· Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, knowledge of work, teamwork, dependability, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communication.
An equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)