Manages the operations of the Biggby Coffee shop at new Coffee Shop in Sawyer, MI. Acts as a model for excellence in customer service, providing goods and services at a reasonable cost and providing a convenient and attractive environment for its customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Makes and serves beverages, such as coffee and tea, and foods, such as sandwiches, muffins, or cookies.
· Welcomes customers, informs them about specials or new items, answers questions, and accepts orders and payments.
· Cleans and restocks work and dining areas, empties trash, and sanitizes equipment and utensils.
· Updates signage and displays to attract customers.
· Takes inventory and replenishes items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
· Provides product suggestions and assists customers with special orders.
· Supervises, trains/develops and evaluates department staff.
· Create and coordinates work schedules to ensure that the operations are open at convenient and appropriate times for students and staff; provides functional supervision for those working in the coffee shop.
· Develops an annual budget in coordination with the executive team and monitors the budget throughout the year; maintains activity and accounting reports for informational and internal control purposes.
· Approves employee timesheets and prepares departmental payroll information.
· Performs routine inventory evaluations, ensuring item availability while minimizing waste.
· Works in coordination with the companies marketing department to promote the shop and encourage sales.
· Addresses employee performance issues promptly and professionally.
· Maintains a clean and organized environment.
· Ensures the coffee shop complies with all local, state and federal laws, including but not limited to health department regulations, fire and building codes, food code, and sanitation procedures.
· Manages the scheduling and supervision of employees to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels.
· Responds to customer questions in an effective and efficient manner and resolve any customer issues in a timely professional manner.
· Stocks products and product displays according to merchandising standards.
· Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Regional Director of Operations.
· At least 2 years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
· Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines and knowledge of advanced coffee preparation techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multitask and frequently adjust priorities.
· Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to perform effectively under pressure. Think quick on your feet.
· Ability to work independently to perform assigned duties.
· Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, knowledge of work, teamwork, dependability, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communication.