LibraryEducationHarbor Country Life
The library is located in the heart of Three Oaks, housed in the historic E.K. Warren building, built in 1905. It was the home office of the Warren Featherbone Company from 1905 until 1928. From 1928 to 1952 the building was the Chamberlain Memorial Museum. It honored the the memory of the founder of Three Oaks, Harry Chamberlain. In 1952, the museum was donated to MSU and the library was moved to a smaller structure and the building fell into disrepair In 1982, our building was purchased by the Bank of Three Oaks and under the direction of Larry Bubb, over one million dollars was spent in restoration. After the restoration was complete, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the US Department of Interior. The building housed various banks until 1999 when the Three Oaks Township Public Library and the Three Oaks Township entered into an agreement to purchase the building from Fifth-Third Bank. The library officially made its move on January 15, 2000 and has been there ever since.